Pages

14 July, 2011

My Future Boyfriend ♥♥♥


A curious human from a well-ordered but loveless future, P-A-X-497/341 (aka Pax), played by Barry Watson, returns to the year 2011 to satisfy his curiosity about such archaic concepts as love, passion and winds up making his own discoveries when he meets the woman of his dreams, Elizabeth Barrett, portrayed by Sara Rue, a newly published romance novelist.
When Pax doesn't return to the future by the given deadline, Bob (Fred Willard), his fellow scientist, travels back in time to find Pax. Meanwhile as Elizabeth is helping Pax learn about love, she ends up confiding in her colleague, played by Valerie Harper, about her own upcoming "surprise" engagement.
 

When I first decided to watch did movie I must say I did not expect to like it as much as I did. While I am a self-proclaimed hopeless romantic, a movie with a plot like this...a man from the future travels to the past to investigate what LOVE is and finds more than he was hoping for...really? 

well I found myself profoundly curious as to how the movie would develop and it did not disappoint.

There were two definitions of love given and both are strangely very close to the feeling that many of us have given into only to come out of it feeling destroyed and in most cases, fighting to find again. I wonder why it is that I personally find it almost innate to search for someone to fulfill the longing to love and be loved. I think I speak for most of us when I say that Love, in truth cannot be explained, it must be experienced first hand, and it is the most exuberating feeling that I've ever experience.

Movie Quotes on Love:

"Love? it must be dangerous. the love condition is some kind of virus which apparently made people act in strange and illogical ways, causing in some occasions obsessive dementia. It is now also thought to have been one of the root causes of all the suffering in the world."

"Love: it's something that happens when you meet someone that you feel deeply connected to and it's not like that connection is a product of anything intentional but rather something outside of yourself, something that you can't fight. Something that was meant to be. Something that makes you wish you could live forever so that you would never have to live without it."

In my opinion: Very on point...too bad that love alone cannot or rather SHOULD not be the sole basis of a relationship. In order for relationships to be successful, it requires much determination, commitment and patience. However, no matter how many times I fail, I believe in the purity of love and will not cease to pursue an opportunity to pursue it. In fact, I'd plunge right in.

Xoxo, Katherine



2 comments:

  1. Hello Katherine, Iam definitely interested in this move, so thanks for the heads up. I am a new follower, glad to meet you.

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome blog !!

    please come and check out my HUGEE beauty giveaway that im having.. theres only a few more days to enter so make sure you get in..

    http://suziemakesyouup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete