Pages

24 June, 2010

MEN ARE FROM MARS....WOMEN ARE FROM VENUS

It seems like men can get away with having that extra slice of pizza, doing fewer push ups and less time on the treadmill and still end up losing weight. While us women count every single calorie that we eat and breathe, exercise until we drop and obsessing over the scale which betrays us time and time again. IT IS NOT OUR IMAGINATION...In fact whether you choose to believe it or not, MEN LOSE WEIGHT FASTER THAN WOMEN.

FAIR?? I THINK NOT!!
However there are a few good reason as to why this happens.

1. Men have more muscle. This allows them to burn more calories, even when at rest.
2. Women are predisposed to store and retain fat. Women have higher levels of estrogen, a hormone that works works to keep the fat on a woman's body so it's easier for her to get pregnant. That means women have to work harder to lose weight at the same rate as men.

Men's bodies respond more quickly to exercise. Women's bodies, meanwhile, actually go into a sort of starvation mode, slowing the metabolism to hang onto more fat, which makes perfect sense since CREATING AN NURTURING A NEW LIFE IS NOT AS EASY AS IT LOOKS.

Well I've decided to not let this or anything stop me from my goal to lose weight. I don't know what on earth happened but I completely sent my health to the back burner while I was in college, now that I have more time for myself I am going to do something about. But I will confess that I'm jealous to see how much my boyfriend and brother can put down their throat without gaining as much as an ounce, my brother especially.

Wish me luck =) ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment